Tuesday

My New Belly Dancing Friends





     This was my first ever event photographing experience. With lots of motion. And inside. I normally work outdoors or in a private space with my studio lighting. Quite a different task, a little scary but worth every min of trying something new! Location was inside the fairgrounds and it was a good challenge trying to get a creative picture in okay lighting without a 'bathrooms this way' sign... he he! In the above picture of the three beautiful belly dancers, on the left, is my best friends mom, Donna. Her and I had been talking on and off for the last month or so about me coming and taking some pics for fun of one of their up and coming performances. So last week she gave me a ring about how they were performing at the Asian Celebration this last end. I feel ashamed, but I've lived in Eugene all my life and have never been to it. Wow what a bunch of cool things to buy and look at and very yummy smelling food! We (my mom & I) even managed to buy a few treasured items including my really cool four leaf clover bracelet! These ladies really new what they were doing and looked amazing up there! I had a fun time getting to know them as I experimented with the idea of shooting event performances. I realize shooting in this kind of environment may not be my great love but it was a very positive couple hours. Thank you Donna for inviting me and I am really looking forward to getting some beautiful portraits of all you ladies!  ~ Zoom Out

2 comments:

  1. They look fabulous! Thank you so much for taking them!

    -Molly (in the blue).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to be amazed by what you see through your lens! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete